Collaboration & Networks (Kira Littlefield)
Rettberg states, "A great deal of our contemporary written communication and social interaction is mediated on networks and shaped by networked interactions. Networks are both technological and social structures" (Rettberg, 152). Personally, I found the connection between networks and social interactions to be intriguing as well as accurate. Throughout this weeks chapter Rettberg touched upon multiple genres of network communication and some include, Facebook, Twitter, and Wattpad. Rettberg states, "Amazon has mapped the buying habits of everyone who uses its service and puts its listening devices into our homes" (Rettberg, 179). I found this network critique by Rettberg to be very interesting, as I have noticed how Amazon tends to map their home page to my past purchases or searches. Its also interesting that I feel sometimes when I talk about a certain topic or item, later I may notice ads about those things. However, I am never to sure if those situations are related or just coincidental. Looking at The Unknown by Scott Rettberg was very interesting. Personally, I liked the beginning sentences, and where it led me (mental map). Occupy MLA by Mark Marino and Rob Wittig was a bit confusing to me, considering its original layout was ment for Twitter. The text by Kathi Inman Berens on Occupy MLA was also very interesting, I especially found these statements to be interesting; "The violation some OMLA participants felt is real and not trivial. Marino and Wittig mislead them" (Berens, 2015). I feel these statements hold a lot of meaning on the Occupy MLA piece.
I looked at Noon Quilt organized by Sue Thomas and Teri Hoskins. Unfortunately, I was unable to access the original piece, but the story surrounding the piece was very interesting to me. Rettberg stated this about the piece; "Noon Quilt and several successive quilt collections were composed of short pieces written by writers in forty different countries who looked out their windows at noon and wrote in one hundred words what they could see" (Rettberg, 173). As you can see from this statement this piece has an interesting story behind it. I found this website that said a little more about it.

Comments
Post a Comment