Haylie's Wk 1: Bring it to the Table
The first thing that really stuck out to me when reading Electronic Literature by Scott Rettberg is the quote in the beginning, "Imagine the book as a network, always on, always connected, and always changing" (Rettberg). Physical literature includes concrete ideas that don't always change while electronic literature involves changing perspective and more interpretations. I think that this is an interesting concept because new ideas can come easier from electronic literature because of the fact that it allows change. Both readings gave me a good introduction on what E lit is. Now, I have gathered an understanding of what it is and what it it entails. Rettberg expresses how new genres and forms of writing within networks are a main idea of E lit.
I decided to explore The Last Performance [dot org] by Judd Morrissey that Rettberg refers to on page 7. When I first opened the link and read the author's description, I quickly learned that this is a very interactive and architectural. At first, I clicked the website option which took me to a different page that I wasn't sure how to navigate, so I decided to go back and click on the image option. It opened to a dark page with a journal-entry on it. Honestly, it didn't really make that much sense to me. The pictures on the screen flipped through 13 different photos. I don't completely understand what I am supposed to do on the website but it is definitely interesting.
https://collection.eliterature.org/2/works/morrissey_lastperformance.html
Comments
Post a Comment